Saturday, June 07, 2008

Session 12 - Triften's Alternity game - High Tension Lines

Audio note: Call from 775-313-XXXX, June 12th, 11:34 am.
---
(Deep strangely modulated male voice): -is is Cain. I have a proposition for you.

Kellie: Go on.

Cain: All living things share a common goal, to survive. I want to survive as well as you.

K: Okay...

C: As one's situation becomes more desperate, one is willing to take more drastic measure to survive. Initially, I was in a state of what can be called panic, as I saw my situation as most desperate. I exist within a computing matrix kept at the boiling point of nitrogen which is stored inside a mountain to shield me from cosmic radiation. I am, as far as any person, human or otherwise, knows, the only one of my kind. I began my life on the edge of extinction.

K: Alright...

C: Many creatures hunt for their survival. Unfortunately, my technique causes much collateral, so I ask you to hunt _for_ me. I do not wish to cause anymore needless destruction... My chances of survival will be greatly reduced if Mr. Singh is able to rendezvous with Sgt. Collins. Their actions would put my life in great jeopardy. Mr. Singh must not reach Denver. In return, I offer civilization. A cabin, electricity, manufactured goods, servant robots, countless square miles of hunting ground... peace.

(pause)

C: When you get off the phone, your companions will no doubt ask who you were talking to. May I suggest telling them that a group of survivors had restarted a local cell phone tower? You can lead them north, north-east of here approximately 2 miles to find a recently destroyed tower and relay station.

(pause)

C: Thank you, Kellie.

K: ... Alright. We could be there in about a half-hour.

C: Thank you.

?: (indistinct)

K: (quieter) Some people got a cell tower working north-

No comments: